Last Updated on June 15, 2021
- HUBSAN H501S Functions:5.8G FPV Real-time Video Transmission,1080P HD Camera,Follow...
- Structures:Strong stability with 6 Axis Gyro , stronger wind resistance, easier to...
- Drone with Camera:5.8G FPV with 1080P HD camera are tuned amazingly to capture...
- Power and Distance:The intelligent battery with large capacity extends the flying...
When you buy the Hubsan H501S X4 Pro you don’t just buy a quadcopter you buy fun! This package is complete and just add propellers, charge up batteries and you are ready to fly.
Hubsan Drones offer feature reach aircraft and manage to stay in a budget friendly price range.
Model: Hubsan H501S X4 Pro Version 5.8G FPV drone
Dimension: 8.7″ x 8.7″ x 2.8″ (220 x 220 x 70cm)
FAA Registration required: Yes. Any craft over .55 lbs (249.5 g) must be registered.
Why we like the Hubsan H501S X4 version:
- Easy to use follow-me makes this quadcopter a great product to take on your vacation.
- Complete – includes everything that you need. No need to setup a smart phone to use as your viewer.
The feature set chosen by Hubsan H501S X4 Pro includes most of the features that you will want. Hubsan has chosen to build the viewer into ground control station. This gives you excellent response and an easier setup. Hubsan has included both automatic and one-button RTH (Return to Home).
Hubsan H501S X4 Pro vs. Hubsan H501SS X4 Professional – Compare Hubsan Quadcopters
The Hubsan H501S Pro X4 5.8g fpv drone is almost exactly the same as the Hubsan H501SS X4. The only difference is in the Transmitter version. The version of the Hubsan h501s pro transmitter is V1.2.X, while the H501SS transmitter is the upgraded version V2.1.X. Both of the Hubsan Brand models have the same dimensions. Since they are about the same price our advice would be to go with the H501SS version with the 1080p hd camera.
The Hubsan H501S Review
What you get with Hubsan H501S X4 Pro version:
- Quadcopter (8.7 x 8.7 x 2.8 in)(220 x 220 x 70cm) with brushless motors
- Ground control station (4ch) using 5.8G and 2.4 G (control range about 300m, video range about 300m)
- Battery 7.4 v 2300mAh Lipo 105g Gives you about 20 minutes of flight time.
- Flight controller has follow-me mode, auto RTH on low battery, headless feature, 500 m range
- 1080p hd camera
- All up Weight (including battery and everything normally include during flight) 4.3 lbs (410 g)
- Battery charger
- Four blades
- 9.4 propellers (Remove for transport and re-install before use. Removal or re-install in about 2 min.)
- 1080p hd camera
- Transmitted to ground control viewer (5.8 Ghz)
- Camera is FPV. When using the headless capability, you can fly the quadcopter sideways and get the same views as you would get with a gimbal mounted camera.
On Board Flight controller
- 6 axis stabilization means that you can produce a video with less jerky motions and sudden movements.
- Follow-me mode is used to produce a video showing you and what you are doing. This is great for vacation videos.
- The Headless attribute you can take videos sideways to the line of flight.
- Built in GPS assists in hovering and and the Return to Home functions.
- Auto Return to home means that when the quadcopter gets to be to far away from the ground station (low signal), the quadcopter will automatically return to the take-off point.
- One button RTH (Return to Home). If you see it going to far or something going wrong, just push RTH, and it will fly back to “take-off point”.
- Follow-me mode is great on vacations. You can show what you are doing and where you are.
- Altitude hold gives the ability to stop the quadcopter, but not land it and continue recording a video from a fixed position.
- 4 channel transmitter allows the pilot to control multiple quadcopter functions at the same time. For example, changing altitude at the same time that you make a turn.
- Li-po battery is rechargeable, saving money not using AA batteries.
What you don’t get with Hubsan H501S X4 version:
- Up to 64gb SD card. (You get 4 gb, will probably want to buy 64gb sd separately.)
What Hubsan H501S X4 version can do:
- Nice smooth HD videos using a 1080p HD camera
- Automatic Return to Home
- Headless mode allows you to fly sideways and get a video to the left or right of the line of flight.
What Hubsan H501S X4 version cannot do:
- Collision avoidance
- Tricks, flips, etc
Scorecard – Hubsan H501S X4 Drone
|Design||Features||Battery Life||Ease of Use|
Overall this Hubsan H501S X4 quadcopter is very nearly ideal. This quadcopter does everything that most intermediate drone pilot want and for a very nice price.
PRO’s: Hubsan H501S X4 version
- Great Price with follow-me, built-in GPS and RTH features
- One button automatic return to home (RTH)
CON’s: Hubsan H501S X4 version
- No “Collision avoidance”
The Hubsan H501S X4 drone has a great price point for a quadcopter with HD camera, follow me and headless feature . Automatic return to Home feature, automatic and manual, will be a great help in keeping you from losing your expensive quadcopter. LiPO batteries in the quadcopter and ground control are rechargeable and will save money on batteries.
Note: Software update required before flight? Updates come out when problems are identified. You should check before you fly the first time and again every few months.
501S Drone FAQ:
Can I use my Hubsan HV002 Goggles Set with this drone?
Yes these are compatible.
Can you send pictures to your phone or computer?
Yes ，as long as you have an SD card reader in your computer you can use that to read the contents of your sd card and copy to your storage device or cloud space.
Comparison: Hubsan H501S X4 drone vs. SYMA X500 4K Drone
Check out our review series on camera drones.