Last Updated on September 12, 2020
No products found.
The Hubsan X4 H502E Desire drone is an affordable and a good starter quadcopter. It is light weight, easy to fly with built-in GPS functions and automatic return to home. This is a good quadcopter to learn on.
Check out our favorite Hubsan Drones for 2020.
What you get with Hubsan X4 H502E Desire GPS drone:
Model: Hubsan X4 H502E Desire GPS drone
Dimension: 6.5 x 6.5 x 2.4 inches
Weight: 155g – battery included
FAA Registration required: No. Any craft over .55 lbs (249.5 g) must be registered. This drone only weighs 155 g.
- Ground control station (4 channel transmitter)
- Battery 7.4 v 610mAh Lipo. Gives you about 10 – 12 minutes of flight time.
- Quadcopter with brushed motors and sturdy plastic frame
- 610 mAh Li-po battery (30 -40 min to recharge)
- USB Adapter cable to use when charging the battery
- 4 blades
- On Board Flight controller has altitude hold (aka hover mode).
- FPV camera images are recorded on and sd chip.
- All up Weight (including battery and everything normally include during flight) 147g
- 720p videos are recorded on a micro sd chip./li>
- Camera is FPV. (No gimbal)
On Board Flight controller
- GPS lock on up to 12 satellites. Provides very accurate RTH.
- Altitude hold, ability to stop and hover without landing it.
- Has follow-me mode.
- Headless mode (provides ability to fly sideways. Allows you to take a video to the left or right of the flight path.)
- 6 axis stabilization.
- Built in GPS assists in hovering and the Return to Home functions. Don’t try to fly in-doors as the quadcopter won’t be able to pick up GPS signals.
- Auto Return to home means that when the quadcopter battery starts to run out, the quad copter will automatically try to fly back to take off point.
- Flight distance – about 200 meters.
- One button RTH.
- 4 channel transmitter allows the pilot to control multiple quadcopter functions at the same time.
- Needs 4 AAA batteries (not included)
- 2.4GHz RC with 1.1 inch LCD screen
What you don’t get with Hubsan X4 H502E Desire GPS drone:
- Up to 16gb sd card. (You don’t get a micro sd, will probably want to buy at least one sd chip separately.)
- Spare propellers. (You only get one set with the quadcopter.)
- Manuals (Have to go on-line to get info.)
- Batteries for ground controller
What Hubsan X4 H502E Desire GPS drone can do:
- Nice smooth HD videos
- Return to Home
- Headless mode (fly sideways)
What Hubsan X4 H502E Desire GPS drone cannot do:
- Collision avoidance
- Tricks, flips, etc
Scorecard – Hubsan X4 H502E Desire GPS drone
|Design||Features||Battery Life||Ease of Use|
Overall this Hubsan X4 H502E Desire GPS quadcopter has the right features for a beginner class pilot. We give it a 9.8 – the battery only lasts 10 min.
PROs: Hubsan X4 H502E Desire GPS drone
- Affordable Pricing
- Auto return to home (RTH)
- One button RTH
- GPS functions
CON: Hubsan X4 H502E Desire GPS drone
- No “tricks and flips” features
This Hubsan X4 H502E Desire (View on Amazon) is a good beginner drone, a very affordable quadcopter to use when starting out. Plastic body is sturdy, but with enough bend to withstand many types of crashes. This is an inexpensive drone with many useful and helpful features such as GPS positioning, automatic RTH, altitude position hold and follow me functions. This Hubsan X4 H502E Desire also has a decent flight time of 12 minutes – one of the best flight times for a beginner drone at this price point. This is great choice for a beginner or a kid over 14 year-old.
Note: Software update required before flight? Updates come out when problems are identified. You should check before you fly the first time and again every few months.
Check out our review series on drones for kids.