Last Updated on January 30, 2018
For aerial photography project, the features that you will want to check are the camera quality and the stability of the platform. These two features combine to give you the best camera quadcopter option. Budget is another important factor – you cannot expect to get $1000 high-performance-drone features in a budget-friendly $100 drone. Syma X8HG 8MP HD Camera is an affordable, very good toy-grade aerial photography drone. The camera is 8mp HD and takes 1080P or 720P videos at 30fps. The 6 axis gyro helps to give you a nice stable platform and it has an anti-vibration camera mount.
- 8.0MP HD Camera : The 8.0MP camera works far better than 2.0MP or 0.3MP camera,...
- Barometer Set Height : When you free up the left joystick (Accelerator), the aircraft...
- Two Speed Modes : Which allows you to fly, for instance, in a small spaces with low...
- Headless Mode : By using Headless, the forward direction has nothing to do with nose...
The Syma X8HG can fly indoors or outdoors. It can fly in daylight or after dark (has led lights to help you see it in the dark.) It has good wind resistance and can fly outdoors in a light breeze.The ground station transmitter can control it up to about 70 – 100 meters (depending on terrain and weather). This camera drone is an excellent starter because it is easy to control.
Syma X8HG RC Quadcopter 8MP Camera Spec at a glance:
- Model: SYMA X8HG 8MP HD Camera with Barometer Set Height and Headless Mode
- Quadcopter dimensions14.5 x 13.8 x 6.9 inches
- Weight 3.4 lbs.
- Price : in the $150 range
- Ground control frequency 2.4 G (standard)
- Quadcopter battery: 7.4V 2000 mAh Li-po battery
- Charging time: About 180 mins
- Flight time: About 6-8 minutes
What you get with Syma X8HG:
- SYMA X8HG Quadcopter
- Camera – 1080P or 720P videos at 30fps and 8MP stills.
- Ground station Transmitter
- On Board flight Controller – Functions: forward/backward, up/down, left/right, sideways flight, hovering, 3D flips (eversion), H/L speed, and headless mode.
- Ground control – 2.4 G transmitter, (multiple quadcopters can share the same communications channel.)
- Anti-vibration camera mount
- Spare Blades
- Protection Frame
- Landing Gears
- One Battery 7.4V 2000mAh 2S Li Po
- One Screwdriver
- One USB Charger cable
- One Card reader
- A User Manual
What you don’t get with Syma X8HG:
- Transmitter Battery: 4 x AA battery (Not included)
What Syma X8HG can do:
- Altitude hold and hovering
- Forward/backward, up/down, left/right, sideways flight
- Headless mode
- 3D flips (eversion)
- Two flight speeds (high and low)
- Flight time = 10 minutes with camera
- Two video settings = 1080P or 720P videos at 30fps
- 8MP stills
- Night flying with excellent illuminating built-in LED light
What Syma X8HG cannot do:
- Does not have object avoidance.
- Does not have tools to program a flight plan.
Scorecard – Syma X8HG
|Flight Time & Power||Design||Camera/Video||Pricing|
- Easy to control.
- Altitude hold (a good feature for a beginner)
- Stable (a good feature for a beginner)
- Anti-vibration camera mount
- Decent camera 8MP for this affordable price range
- Decent battery power/ flight time of 10 minutes with camera
- Good illuminating LED light for night flight
- This is an indoor and outdoor drone.
- A drone with this list of features usually costs more. Excellent buy.
- SYMA X8HG is not a quiet quad – the brushed motors are fairly loud.
- The yaw rate is slower but it is decent for this price range.
Summary: SYMA X8HG 8MP HD Camera with Barometer Set Height and Headless Mode
The SYMA X8HG 8MP HD Camera (View on Amazon)is an affordable, very good toy-grade aerial photography drone. It has helpful features such as altitude hold and headless mode for a beginner drone pilot. If you are looking to get some video shots to post on Facebook of your family or shooting sporting events like high school ball games, this affordable drone rig is a great choice. It has 8MP camera and anti-vibration camera mount. The 6 axis gyro helps to give you a nice stable platform. This is an indoor and outdoor drone, and it has great illuminating LED light for night time flying. A drone with this list of features usually costs more. Excellent buy. Check out our review of top-rated Syma drones.
Remember to Fly Responsibly.