Last Updated on October 1, 2020
- -5.8G FPV Real-time tansmission & 2.4G RC receiver.
- -1080P HD camera with controller 4.3 inch LCD screen.
- -Max Flight radius:300m; 5.8G wireless video transmission distance: 300m.
- -With Brushess motor; Flying time last up to approximately 20 minutes.
Why we like the Hubsan H501S X4 GPS 4 Channel drone:
The Hubsan H501S X4 is an easy to use and feature-rich drone with an attractive price tag. The built-in GPS positioning feature and follow-me mode make this a great way to take pictures of your out-door vacation. The Hubsan H501S is a real-time FPV drone, the viewer on the ground control station show what it would look like if you were in the cockpit of the aircraft. It is priced right for someone moving up from beginner to intermediate class pilot.
Check out our latest review on Hubsan Drones for 2020.
What you get with Hubsan H501S X4 GPS 4 Channel drone:
Model: Hubsan H501S X4 GPS 4 Channel drone
Dimension: 8.7″ x 8.7″ x 2.8″ (220 x 220 x 70cm)
Weight: 3.4 lbs
FAA Registration required: Yes. Any craft over .55 lbs (249.5 g) must be registered.
- Ground control station (Transmitter)
- Battery 7.4 v 2700mAh Lipo battery gives you about 20 minutes of flight time.
- Quadcopter with brushless (long asting) motors and nice sturdy plastic frame
- Flight controller has follow-me node and headless mode.
- FPV HD 1080p camera
- Battery charger adapter (takes about 150 min to recharge)
- 4 propeller blades; 7.3 propellers
- Tool to install propeller blades
- All up Weight (including battery and everything normally included during flight) 3.4 lbs
- Transmitted to ground control viewer (5.8 Ghz)
- Camera is FPV. (No gimbal)
On Board Flight controller
- 6 axis stabilization. (More stable flight)
- Follow-me mode
- Headless mode is available (used to allow you to fly sideways)
- Built in GPS assists in hovering and the Return to Home functions.
- Auto Return to home means it will return to starting point if it loses signal.
- One button RTH (Return to Home).
- Built in viewer.
- Follow-me mode is a great way to show your friends what you are doing on vacation.
- Altitude hold gives the ability to stop the quadcopter, but not land it.
- 4 channel transmitter allows the pilot to control multiple quadcopter functions at the same time.
- Requires 4 AA batteries (Not included)
What you don’t get with Hubsan H501S X4 GPS 4 Channel drone:
- Micro SD card. (You will probably want to buy a SD chip separately.)
- Spare propellers.
- Batteries for ground controller. (4 AA required)
What Hubsan H501S X4 GPS 4 Channel drone can do:
- Nice smooth 1080p HD videos
- Follow-me mode
- Return to Home one button and automatic RTH)
- Headless mode allows you to fly sideways and get a video to the left or right of the line of flight.
What Hubsan H501S X4 GPS 4 Channel drone cannot do:
- Collision avoidance
- Tricks, flips, etc
Scorecard – Hubsan H501S X4 GPS 4 Channel drone
|Design||Features||Battery Life||Ease of Use|
Overall this Hubsan H501S X4 quadcopter has the right features for someone moving up from beginner class pilot to intermediate class pilot. Take it along to events and get great videos to show your friends what is going on.
PROs: Hubsan H501S X4 GPS 4 Channel drone
- Great Price with follow-me, built-in GPS and RTH features
- One button auto return to home (RTH)
- Flight time of 20 minutes
CON: Hubsan H501S X4 GPS 4 Channel drone
- No “Collision avoidance”
- No “tricks and flips” features
- Long charge time = 150 minutes
This Hubsan H501S X4 GPS 4 Channel drone (View on Amazon) is easy to use with great standard controls such as the automatic RTH, altitude hold, follow me and GPS positioning. It has premium features such as the durable brushless motors and excellent flight time of 20 minutes. Nice price for someone moving up from beginners to intermediate class pilot.
Note: Software update required before flight? Updates come out when problems are identified. You should check before you fly the first time and again every few months.
Comparison: Hubsan H501S X4 GPS 4 Channel drone vs. Hubsan H501S X4 Professional drone
The Hubsan H501S X4 Professional drone is almost exactly the same as the Hubsan H501S X4 GPS 4. The only difference is in the Ground controller. The Pro ground controller uses a LiPO rechargeable battery while this model is smaller and uses AA batteries.
Check out our review series on camera drones.