Last Updated on September 16, 2020
Whether you are a hobbyist or a professional looking for a high-performance camera drone, you want to consider the Phantom 4 on your buying list. Image stabilization, multiple drone modes, obstacle avoidance, integrated flight planning and super sharp shoots…
Note: The Phantom 4 has been upgraded and you can see our latest on the Phantom 4 Pro v2.0 on our DJI page.
- Auto takeoff and auto return home with GPS technology, makes controlling easy. App...
- Capture 4K ultra HD video at 30 fps, supported resolutions include: 12.0MP (4000 x...
- Gimbal stabilization technology, along with a hover function allows you to capture...
- Use DJI director software with a built-in video editor to add music, text, and more...
What you get with DJI Phantom 4 standard:
- DJI Phantom 4
- size: 13.78 in. (approximately)
- Weight: 1.5 lbs.
- It has gimbal mounted camera
- Picture size 4000×3000 pixels
- Memory 16GB SD (upgradable to 64GB)
- Controller included
- 2.4 GHz frequency (More responsive and faster than standard RC rigs)
- Video monitor: Use your smart device
- Flight time of 28 minutes
- Recharge time 65 minutes
- Batteries: Purchased addition batteries so you can fly more missions (but not a longer mission)
- camera and controller have a 3.1 mile range
- RC mode available (joy stick and direction control)
- A flight plan can be entered for autonomous flying
- It has on board GPS
- Headless mode
- It has altitude hold
- It has position hold
- It has follow me mode
- It has automatic landing
- Return to home
What you don’t get with this Phantom 4:
- Controller batteries. It needs 4 AA batteries
- No viewer – use your smart device
What this Phantom 4 can do:
- It can move up, down, forward and reverse, and it can do flips
- It can be programmed with a flight plan
- It has obstacle avoidance
- It can follow a subject
What this Phantom 4 cannot do:
- Certain modes, such as selfie and orbit modes will have to be manually entered in to the controller
We find the DJI Phantom 4 Quadcopter with 4K Camera Gimbal (View on Amazon) truly lives up to its reputation as the most popular drone on the market today. It is well suited to almost all amateur needs and most professional needs.
This copter provides a most stable platform for videography. Its high performance camera shoots 4K at 30fps and Full HD 1080p at 120fps. It has super sense and obstacle avoidance. Its ability to enter a flight plan allows you to visually plan your flight path, overlay waypoints onto a visual map of your flight area.
Check out our review series on camera drones.