- 2.7K FHD Camera: 2.7K FHD lens with 120° FOV, fine capture from every wonderful...
- 5.8G FPV Monitor Transmission: The drone remote equipped with a 7-inch LCD screen,...
- GPS Positioning Function: The GPS system allows you to get accurate position...
- 18 Minutes Max Flight Time: The High-capacity 5400mAh intelligent battery yields up...
The UPair one 2,7 megapixel camera drone looks similar to a Phantom quadcopter while having a more affordable price tag. The ground controller is similar to the Phantom, too. With UPair’s less expensive 2.7 megapixel camera, it is an excellent budget-friendly alternative to something like a Phantom 3. If you are looking for a professional video shooting camera, check out our review on UPair One 4K camera drone.
Model: UPair One 2.7 megapixel Camera drone
Price: In the $300 range
Weight: 2.9 lbs (1350g)
FAA Registration required: Yes. Any craft over .55 lbs (249.5 g) must be registered.
What you get with UPair One 2.7 megapixel Camera drone:
- One RTF (Ready to Fly) UPair one aircraft
- Size: 8.9 x 14.4 x 9.4 in.
- One Gimbal+2.7K Camera
- Total Weight (also called All Up Weight [AUW], including battery, camera and gimbal) = 1350G
- One 5400mAh Power Battery
- One 2in1 Charger
- One 1500mAh Controller Battery
- One Remote Controller
- Two set of Propellers
- One User Manual
Camera and sensor info:
- Camera: 2.7 megapixel HD (high-definition)
- Gimbal mounted camera (can take a picture at any angle)
On Board Flight controller
- Altitude hold
- Position hold
- Follow me mode
- GPS positioning with up to 15 satellites
- Auto Return to home (RTH) on loss of signal or low battery
- 7 inch screen (big screen makes it easier to preview the video images that you are shooting)
- Two joy stick standard controls, makes it easier to transfer your skills from another quadcopter to this quadcopter.
- Standard controller freq. 5.8 G makes it easier to use same controller for multiple quadcopters.
- Has an arrow showing you the direction to take-off point.
- Return to home button. If something happens in mid-flight, you can get your quadcopter back to take-off spot easier.
- Auto takeoff and landing, one button to get it up to flying altitude.
- Headless mode, makes piloting easier, you can turn in any direction regardless of the direction the quadcopter is pointed.
- Altitude hold, makes flying easier as you don’t need to control vertical
What you don’t get with UPair One 2.7 megapixel Camera drone:
- No wifi transmitter – no smart phone app.
- SD card (need 16g or 32 g class 10 Card – buy separately)
What an UPair One 2.7 megapixel Camera drone can do?
- FPV (First person view). It makes you feel like flying inside the quadcopter cockpit.
- Real-time images and panoramic views.
- Can fly 500m high, 800m distance.
- Controller distance 500m.
- Flight time = 18 min.
- Altitude hold mode, (fly over rough terrain it the same altitude).
- Position hold (hover).
- Headless mode.
- One button RTH (Return to Home).
- Programmable flight path (way points) to fly a complex, but pre-determined flight path.
- Video control over the built in features of the ground control. (Video camera control from the ground control unit [2.4 gHz] has less “lag” and is slightly more responsive than a smart device over wifi.)
What UPair One 2.7 megapixel Camera drone cannot do?
- It does not do flips or 360 degree eversion.
- It does not have ‘collision avoidance’
Scorecard – UPair One 2.7 megapixel Camera drone
|Design||Features||Battery Life||Ease of Use|
PROs: UPair One 2.7 megapixel Camera drone
- More affordable pricing than DJI Phantom 3 with many similar features in both drones.
CON: UPair One 2.7 megapixel Camera drone
- May not be suitable for professional video shooting
Comparison: UPair One 2.7 vs. UPair One 4K vs. Phantom 3 4K
Check out our review series on UPair One drones.