Last Updated on November 1, 2018
When you are looking at the shape and the dihedral angle of the UPair One Plus, it reminds you of a Phantom 3, right? If so, your impression is on-point – the UPair One Plus Drone 4K Camera 5.8G Mobile App Version by GTEN Innovation was created as a low cost alternative to the DJI Phantom 3, giving you many of the Phantom’s features, but at enticingly affordable price point. The UPair One Plus comes fully assembled (minus the propellers) and is ready to fly (RTF). The gimbal and camera are even mounted when the UpAir One comes out of the box.
Model: UPair One Plus Drone 4K Camera 5.8G Mobile App Version
Price: In the $300 range
- 4K HD Camera with 2-axis Gimbal: Capture high definition footage and directly save to...
- 5.8G FPV Wi-Fi Transmission: The FPV drone can be connected via WiFi. Works with...
- Smarter Return Home: GPS assisted flight, rc drone can perform automatically return...
- Long Flight Experience: High-capacity 5400mAh intelligent battery yields up to 19...
What you get with UPair One Plus 4K Camera:
- One UpAir One Plus Aircraft
- Size: 8.9 x 14.4 x 9.4 in.
- One Gimbal+4K Camera
- Total Weight (also called All Up Weight [AUW], including battery, camera and gimbal) = 1280G
- One 5400mAh Power Battery (additional batteries can be purchased separately.)
- One 2in1 Charger
- One 1500mAh Controller Battery
- One Remote Controller
- Two set of Propellers
- One User Manual
Camera and sensor info:
- Camera: 4K
- Sensor: 1/2.3″CMOS；Maximum at 16MP
- Lens FOV=100, low distortion
- Max. photo resolution at 16MP
- Photo Shooting Mode: Single shot
- Recording Resolution: 4K2K@25FPS/2.7K@30FPS
- Power supply voltage: USB 5V
- Video Compression Format H.264,4K2K MJPG
- SD card type: Micro SD card 16G or 32G/C10 high speed card
- Working Temperature: -10℃ to +50℃
- Photo format: JPG
- Video format: MP4/MOV
Information displayed on the Ground Controller screen is exceptional:
- Camera recording status
- GPS satellite status
- Compass bearing (direction the drone is headed)
- Range from controller
- Distance traveled
- Flight mode
- Cumulative flight time
- Takeoff elevation
- Remaining battery power
- Current speed
- Current attitude
- Number of GPS Satellites
- Arrow pointing direction back to home (for bearings)
What you don’t get with UPair One Plus 4K Camera:
- You want to buy a class 10 high speed micro SD card 16G or 32G if you want a video record of your flight.
What UPair One Plus 4K Camera can do?
- FPV mode. This means the camera is straight ahead and stays in same position relative to drone body.
- Camera mode. Which direction you aim the camera is not in any way related to the drone operation. Drone continues to fly toward its front, but the camera may be aimed off to one side.
- Headless mode. Drones have a front side and a back side. In FPV mode or camera mode you will fly such that you fly the drone toward “front” and as you turn, the front side continues to be in front. In headless mode you fly with whichever side you want towards the front.
- Auto take-off and landing
- Auto return to home when there’s lost signal or low battery.
- Nice arrow in viewer to show the way home (take off point).
- Position hold
- Altitude hold
- Follow me mode
- GPS (up to 15 satellites)
- Flight range = 800 meters
- Flight time = 18 minutes
- Automatic calibration using its dual compass system
- It can take quality photos and videos (4K camera)
- Flight route planning on your iOS or Android device using the “UPair” app from the APP store or Google play respectively.
What UPair One Plus 4K Camera cannot do?
- This is an outdoor drone; do not fly indoors.
- It does not have a ‘selfie mode’, but you can simulate ‘selfie mode’ using its flight route planning tools.
- It does not have ‘collision avoidance’.
Scorecard – UPair One Plus 4K Camera
|Design||Features||Battery Life||Ease of Use|
The UPair One Plus Drone 4K Camera 5.8G Mobile App Version (View on Amazon) is one of our top picks of camera drones in the $300 range. If you like the form and design of the Phantom series but it’s not in your budget, you will like the UPair One Plus 4K camera model. It is not in the same class as the Phantom series but the UPair One Plus has more features than many of the comparable models in the class of $300 range. If you don’t need collision avoidance and you don’t plan to do any moding, this feature-rich UPair Plus is definitely worth it at this affordable price point.
Check out our review series on camera drones.